Out of the Mouths of Babes

Posted by Worldview Warriors On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 0 comments

What a way to end a day! While on Facebook discussing the hot topic of abortion, among other things, my older children were looking over my shoulder and reading what I, and others were writing.

That night while reading the Bible as a family my oldest son, Ezra, asked me, “Dad, why are you against abortion and what is it?” All of my children were there and I wasn’t sure if I should proceed with this conversation. I decided to though.

I told them what partial birth abortion was and my second son, Elijah, just looked dumbfounded as I told them what happens. My first daughter, Anika, began to tear up and was very silent. My oldest interrupted me and said, “That pisses me off!” The righteous anger was flowing.

You will notice I did not tell them what to think. They just knew it was murder. Ezra and Elijah asked, “Do the babies feel it?” I told them that the babies are given no pain killing medicine and about what nurses have said in their own testimonies. I also informed them that some nurses will not help in performing abortions anymore because of what they have witnessed.

I asked my children if they thought it would be a good idea to let these mothers-to-be to have an ultrasound before they make a decision to have an abortion to educate them on what they will be doing?

Ezra said, “Yes, why aren’t they doing that now?”

I told them that there are people trying to make it so these mothers-to-be and fathers-to-be at least see an ultrasound of their baby before they make a decision to give birth or not to the child. I also informed them though that there are people out there trying to stop this from happening because they say it is the mothers right to choose what to do and they say it is trampling their rights.

Then I heard next was music to my ears, as my oldest said, “What about the rights of the baby?!”

Friends, where are we as a society headed when we will not protect those who cannot protect themselves? Where are we as a people when we freely allow a mother to murder her child under the guise of liberty? What about the liberty of the child?

I actually had someone make an argument once that I should stay out of it because I didn’t know what that child would choose for themselves. He was saying that I didn’t know if the child would choose life or abortion for itself.

It has really gotten that ridiculous! What would you choose for yourself, life or death from the womb? Sure there are people who are suicidal or have had a bad life and maybe you are one of those people. But who would choose it from the beginning? I mean, come on! We all would choose to live.

Most people I know who lean toward the pro-choice position are virtually the same people who want “free” health care for themselves and available to others, claiming they are thinking about others.

Many of those same people want to force others to have to pay for the abortions of those not wanting their child. How sad it has come to this.

Without life, there is no liberty, without liberty there is no pursuit of happiness.

Genesis 1:27 - So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Listen to Jason DeZurik every Sunday night from 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM on his radio show, Do Not Keep Silent, 90.1 FM out of Upper Sandusky, OH. You can also listen online and find the show archive here.

0 comments: