Lessons on the Beach, Part 4

Posted by Worldview Warriors On Sunday, July 12, 2015 0 comments


by Ami Samuels

(For the context of my series of Lessons on the Beach, you can check them out here: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.)

As I paced up and down the beach on this particular morning, I had a much harder time deciphering God’s message for me. First, I saw a broken piece of glass in the sand and I walked on. Then I saw a glass bottle buried in the sand and walked on. Finally, I saw another piece of broken glass and a realization hit me. How many of us see brokenness in the world around us and keep walking? Do we stop and ask if there is anything that we can do to help? Do we offer to pray for others’ needs?

I retraced my steps and began picking up the broken pieces of glass.

Who is willing to stop and pick up the broken pieces in the lives of those around us, those we love, those we work with? Who is willing to put the needs of others before themselves?

We see broken people every day. We have people in our lives that are broken. Maybe you are broken, and you feel like people just move past you every day without even noticing you.

We are called to help the broken, hurting people that we come in contact with.

The next morning as I met with God on the beach I saw a heart shaped rock and then some broken glass. This was strange, because I had already seen broken glass and heart shaped rocks but as I walked on I saw more of each. I began to wonder what this could mean. As I spent time in prayer asking God to reveal this final message to me, it suddenly became clear: Love the broken people! Sometimes this may require us to get our hands dirty, and it may take us out of our comfort zone, but we are called to love the people in our lives.

That week that I spent on the beach in Tulum, Mexico, I had been seeking God’s guidance in my life and ministry. What a wonderful way to honor God with our lives by loving the broken people, and loving people!

This forum is meant to foster discussion and allow for differing viewpoints to be explored with equal and respectful consideration.  All comments are moderated and any foul language or threatening/abusive comments will not be approved.  Users who engage in threatening or abusive comments which are physically harmful in nature will be reported to the authorities.

0 comments: