God and Country

Posted by Worldview Warriors On Sunday, October 4, 2015 0 comments


by Ami Samuels

I was recently asked, “How do we bring God back into our country?”

As I thought about that question, I realized there are many things we can do, but today I want to focus on one way we can bring God back into our country. It starts with us.

We can take God with us wherever we go. We can share him with the people in our daily lives by living as a Godly example.

I have heard the quote, “Preach the Gospel; use words when necessary.” I realize that we are instructed in the Bible to share the truth of God’s Word and that is crucial. However, I would like to share another quote with you: “People don’t care how much you know, until they know how much you care.”

When my kids were younger, I spent a great deal of time on the sidelines of football fields and on picnic tables at baseball fields. During this particular time in my life, I didn’t feel I had much influence and didn’t feel like I had a ministry per se. Looking back now, I realize that I had more opportunity than I realized.

The reason I mentioned the picnic table at the baseball field is because when my oldest son played little league, he was a catcher. I am a very vocal person and I also played softball for a big part of my life so I love the sport. One day my son said to me, “Mom, can you please be quiet when I am catching. Your constantly commenting or telling me what to do is making me nervous.”

I could tell it was very frustrating to him. So, since it was hard for me not to react and speak up, my solution was to move to the outfield. I watched the rest of his little league career on a picnic table in center field.

You are probably wondering what this has to do with sharing God with others. As I sat on that picnic table, many people came out and sat by me; they probably felt sorry for me being all alone. But seriously, I had many, many discussions and conversations on that picnic table. I built relationships, invited people to church, and took prayer requests.

Bringing God back into our country starts with us in our everyday lives. We don’t have to have our name in lights or a big ministry title; it can be as simple as being available sitting on a picnic table at a ball game.

This forum is meant to foster discussion and allow for differing viewpoints to be explored with equal and respectful consideration.  All comments are moderated and any foul language or threatening/abusive comments will not be approved.  Users who engage in threatening or abusive comments which are physically harmful in nature will be reported to the authorities.

0 comments: