Dare to Dream

Posted by Worldview Warriors On Sunday, June 26, 2016 0 comments


by Ami Samuels

Do you dare to dream? Or have we become so accepting of the statement “The grass isn’t greener on the other side,” that we are paralyzed and afraid to try something new? Statements like “It could be worse” are so ingrained in us that we often won’t attempt to change. But, what if it is better?

I love this quote by Erin Hanson: “What if I fail? Oh, but my darling, what if you fly?” We have become a society so petrified of failure that we have forgotten how it feels to fly. In Isaiah 40:31 it says, “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”

We wonder why we feel hopeless and defeated, because we have become afraid to hope, scared to dream. We are so imprisoned by the “What if’s” that we don’t dare to dream.

What if I fail?
What if I disappoint?
What if I lose?
What if I embarrass myself or my family?

In my talk “Living in a Cinderella World,” I have a quote I like to share: “So many of us spend so much time worrying about who we aren’t, that we miss who we are in Christ.” I would agree that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

We can’t just quit every time things don’t go our way and move on, but we also shouldn’t become so set in this mindset that we never try anything new. Harry Kemp said, “The poor man is not he who is without a cent, but he who is without a dream.”

The next time you are facing an opportunity, make sure your decision isn’t one solely based out of fear. If the only thing standing between you and an open door is anxiety, don’t allow fear to rob you of your dreams.

The grass isn’t always greener on the other side, but sometimes it is.

This forum is meant to foster discussion and allow for differing viewpoints to be explored with equal and respectful consideration.  All comments are moderated and any foul language or threatening/abusive comments will not be approved.  Users who engage in threatening or abusive comments which are physically harmful in nature will be reported to the authorities.

0 comments: