Working or Waiting

Posted by Worldview Warriors On Sunday, October 30, 2016 0 comments


by Ami Samuels

Have you ever had an unsettled spirit, like you just don’t have peace but you’re not sure why? One time as I prayed and asked God why I felt so unsettled I felt Him respond with, “What don’t you trust me with? What are you trying to take control of?”

That was the exact source of my unsettled, uncertain spirit. I wasn’t trusting God with my circumstance. I was searching the internet, thinking, and trying to figure it out on my own. I decided to place my situation in God’s hands and trust, abide, and rest in Him, knowing that He has it under control.

Is there something you are wrestling with? Is there a situation that you, like me, are struggling with, trying to figure it out on your own?

For years my prayer journals have been filled with this request: “God, please show me where I need to be working and when I should be waiting for you.”

You see, in my faith walk, and maybe you have found this in your journey as well, I have had people say, “You just need to get busy and get to work on what God has called you to do.” And then someone else that I am sharing with would say, “You need to wait patiently on the Lord.”

I was so confused that as I look back over my prayer journals I have often seen this plea: “God, show me where I need to be working or when I should be waiting for you.” I will have to say that more often than not, the answer was wait, and I have done that to the best of my ability.

If you are uncertain or feeling unsettled about something, go to the Lord in prayer, ask him if you need to be working or waiting on Him. Join me as we rest in Psalm 46:10, “Be still and know that I am God,” and trust in His timing.

This forum is meant to foster discussion and allow for differing viewpoints to be explored with equal and respectful consideration.  All comments are moderated and any foul language or threatening/abusive comments will not be approved.  Users who engage in threatening or abusive comments which are physically harmful in nature will be reported to the authorities.

0 comments: