Breathe

Posted by Worldview Warriors On Sunday, April 9, 2017 0 comments


by Ami Samuels

Do you have certain behaviors or things that you do when you are stressed? When I am anxious, I catch myself biting the inside of my lower lip or holding my breath.

When my mom was in the hospital dying of cancer, my family and I watched helplessly as our loved one slipped away from us, little by little each day. As horrible as that day was, we knew that the next day would be worse, and it was. During that difficult time, I remember catching myself biting my lower lip and holding my breath, reminding myself to breathe. Just breathe and survive the moment.

I can relate to the words of the Jonny Diaz song “Breathe”:

“When the stress is on the rise
In my heart I feel you say
Just Breathe
Just Breathe
Come ad rest at my feet
And Be
Just Be
Chaos calls
But all you really need
Is to take it in fill your lungs
It’s the peace of God
That overcomes
Just breathe
Just Breathe”

Philippians 4:6-7 instructs us, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace that transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Maybe today you aren’t dealing with a life or death situation, but rather you are worried about something, wracking your brain for an answer, trying desperately to find a solution.

God wants you to breathe, just breathe, resting in the knowledge that He has you and your situation, whatever it is, in the palm of His hand.

This forum is meant to foster discussion and allow for differing viewpoints to be explored with equal and respectful consideration.  All comments are moderated and any foul language or threatening/abusive comments will not be approved.  Users who engage in threatening or abusive comments which are physically harmful in nature will be reported to the authorities.

0 comments: