Are You Choosing to Believe the Lies?

Posted by Worldview Warriors On Sunday, May 28, 2017 0 comments


by Ami Samuels

Are you choosing to believe the lies? You are no good! No one likes you! Christian people don’t care! You are a horrible person! Whatever lies Satan tells you, don’t listen; there is hope in Jesus! Read the Word of God and discover the truth to combat the lies of the enemy.

To fight a battle or a war you, must identify who your enemy is. Don’t pretend that he doesn’t exist. If we don’t acknowledge that Satan exists, then we are already defeated.

Many times in my life I have blamed other people, or shamed myself to the point where I didn’t like myself or anyone else for that matter. Isn’t that exactly where the Devil wanted me? I was becoming distant from God; after all, God had allowed these things to happen in my life, hadn’t he? This was another way in which the enemy had twisted words in my mind.

At this point in my life, I hadn’t given much thought to spiritual warfare and that made me vulnerable to the enemy’s plans. I wasn’t acknowledging my enemy, therefore I didn’t know how to protect myself from his attacks.

1 Peter 5:8-9 says, “Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around you like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in faith.” It is important that we read the word of God, and that we spend time studying and understanding the scriptures so that when the enemy attacks us we can combat the lies with the truth found in the Bible.

Philippians 4:8 is a wonderful passage to use to defeat the lies of the enemy. “Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy think about such things.” Whenever I start to believe the lies I ask myself these questions. Is it true? Is it noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, or praiseworthy? If it isn’t then I stop focusing on the lie and focus on the Word of God.

Lie: You are no good. Truth: I am a child of the one true King!

Lie: No one likes you. Truth: Jesus is my friend.

Lie: You are a horrible person. Truth: I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Do not allow the enemy to keep you in a defeated mindset. Keep the Word of God at the forefront of your mind and remember who you are in Christ.

This forum is meant to foster discussion and allow for differing viewpoints to be explored with equal and respectful consideration.  All comments are moderated and any foul language or threatening/abusive comments will not be approved.  Users who engage in threatening or abusive comments which are physically harmful in nature will be reported to the authorities.

0 comments: