Competition Versus the Great Commission

Posted by Worldview Warriors On Sunday, May 14, 2017 0 comments


by Ami Samuels

Ministry is not a competition. It is the Great Commission.

The Great Commission, that we received from Jesus in Matthew 28:18-20, is this “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

There have been times in my life when I have observed other people receiving opportunities to serve God, opportunities that I wanted. I would find myself saying things like, “I could do that, I would’ve liked that opportunity, I am just as qualified to do that job, why didn’t they ask me?” This kind of thinking left me frustrated and jealous.

God has been laying this message on my heart lately: it’s going to take all of us, using all our talents and gifts, to reach the hurting world around us with the message of Jesus.

When we see others get breaks that we would have liked to have, let’s look at it as the perfect opportunity for them, because it best fits their talents and gifts. I also try and remember that if God wanted me to have that opportunity, I would have had it.

There are going to be people that I reach because of my personality and gifts, but some people may be receptive to my teaching and some people might not. Likewise, you can reach people that I can’t.

We each need to seek God’s guidance for our own lives. Remember that we are all on God’s team, and we all have been given the Great Commission.

This forum is meant to foster discussion and allow for differing viewpoints to be explored with equal and respectful consideration.  All comments are moderated and any foul language or threatening/abusive comments will not be approved.  Users who engage in threatening or abusive comments which are physically harmful in nature will be reported to the authorities.

0 comments: